Initial producer: Don Baltazar Cruz, married to Doña Lupita.
Current producers: Don Baltazar Cruz and sons.
- Mezcal teachers: Don Baltazar Cruz Gómez and sons.
- Soil: San Luis del Río, Tlacolula, Oaxaca. It is a soil that does not keep uniformity in its structure, color and consistency due to its oxidation process. It is a suitable soil for agriculture, as long as it is kept properly fertilized.
- Palenque height: 955 meters above sea level.
- Maguey height: 1,550 to 1,700 meters above sea level.
- View: transparent.
- Aroma: smoked, with notes of cooked maguey.
- Taste: flavors of roasted seeds and smoky notes. Low acidity with short persistence on the palate.
- Pairing: grilled octopus, salmon cooked with herbs, tamales.